Energy efficient interior lighting can save up to 80% of the energy that a standard incandescent light source would use. This is done while maintaining lighting levels, increasing life of lamps and reducing waste heat generated by bulbs.
Linn County REC offers the following Residential Indoor Lighting Incentive:
Residential Lamps and Fixtures
50% of price paid for *qualified products (excludes tax) up to $20 per fixture (including lamps) or $10 per screw-in lamp. See key requirements.
Key Incentive Requirements:
- Must be Energy Star qualified (except linear fluorescent T8/T5 fixtures)
- Minimum 4 Watts per lamp or fixture
- Minimum $1 purchase price per lamp or fixture (For multi-unit packages, divide package cost by number of units)
- Minimum $5 incentive request
- Maximum of $20 incentive per fixture (including lamps)
- Maximum of $10 incentive per screw-in lamp
- Maximum $600 household limit applied to a 5 year period starting 1/1/2013
*Qualified products include:
- ENERGY STAR CFL lamps and fixtures find out if your model qualifies (includes LEDs too)
- ENERGY STAR ceiling fans with light kits (ceiling fans alone do not qualify)
- Qualified ceiling fans w/light kits)
- Energy Star ceiling fan light kits qualified ceiling fan light kits
- ENERGY STAR LED lamps and fixtures (non-battery operated)
- Qualified LED lamps (list includes CFLs too)
- T8 and T5 fixtures w/lamps & ballast (these are not ENERGY STAR rated)
For full criteria and Incentive amounts, download Residential Indoor Lighting Incentive Form & Terms and Conditions.
Please return all completed forms to Linn County REC Incentives, PO Box 69, Marion, IA 52302-0069.
For more information on indoor lighting visit:
- Energy Star
- Is LED Lighting Right for You
- DOE (department of energy) lighting video
- DOE Solid-State Lighting
- Consumers Guide (ACEEE)
- Watt's Up with Lumens?
- Going, Going, Gone (T-12 phase out)
- Lighting Brochure
- Lighting Options for Your Home (NEMA)
- How to Upgrade Your Incandescent Light Bulbs (The Lighting Research Center)
- CFLs Today
- Mercury Fact Sheet