Linn County REC is offering a reycling incentive for the following WORKING appliances:
- Refrigerator (minimum 13 cubic feet)
- Freezer (minimum 13 cubic feet)
- Window AC
- TV (minimum 40 inch screen) Not valid with option three*
Because we encourage proper recycling of old appliances, Linn County REC is offering three options for your convenience:
- Option one is to have the retailer haul away your old working appliance when they deliver your new one.
- Option two is for you to take the old working appliance to the landfill or a recycling center yourself.
- *Option three is to have Linn County REC's contracted recycling vendor (ESI) pick up your old working appliance at your curbside. (TVs not eligible for this option)
For option three, call member services at 319-377-1587 or 1-800-332-5420. Our contracted vendor will pick up your old working refrigerator, freezer or window air conditioner from your curbside and send you a check for $25 per window AC/ freezer and $35 per refrigerator. (Limit 3 appliances) Note: TVs are not eligible for an incentive under this option.
For options one and two you will receive a $50 per appliance credit to your account. You must complete our Appliance Recycling Incentive Form and Terms & Conditions . (Limit 2 per appliance type per 5 years.) Please note that the Nameplate information from the old appliance including brand, model, size and age must be provided on the application form in order to receive the incentive, so be certain to write this information down before the appliance is taken for recycling.
Suggestions for recycling appliances yourself:
Linn County Landfill, 1954 County Home Rd, Marion, 377-5290, M-F, 7:00-4:30, Sat 8:00-3:00, $9.00/unit
Iowa City Landfill, 3900 Hebl Ave SW, Iowa City, 356-5185, Mon - Sat, 7:00-4:30, $12.50/unit
CSG Services, 4651 8th Ave, Marion, call for pricing 369-0463